CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Welcome to Ways to Save...and have a little fun!

Hello Everyone!

After many months of thinking about starting a blog, I've finally done it (with much encouragement from Steve to do so).  We'll see where this blog leads me! 

As many of you know, I was told over a year ago that my position at the bank would be eliminated.  I went into panic mode like most would; started reviewing our budget and tried to figure out Ways To Save.  I called all of our "extras" like the cell phone company, garbage disposal, cable, etc. to see if I could get better rates (which I was pretty successfully at reducing), but looked at our grocery bill and saw a BIG red flag...we were spending nearly $400+ a month on food and personal items.  I was one of those people that would go to the store (whatever store it was on that day) and bought whatever I needed whether it was on sale or not, because we needed (or wanted) it.  Well, those days are no longer and I very rarely purchase anything that isn't on sale or have a coupon for.

I've shared my deals and successful shopping excursions with many of my friends and family (some of you are probably sick of hearing about it!!!), but I really get a good feeling when I know I've saved a few bucks.  I enjoy looking through the ads, reading blogs and clipping coupons...I know it's crazy, but I do.  I'm not only saving some pennies (or more) on groceries and other items, I'm saving for my families future.

What is "Ways to Save" going to be about...well, that's a good question.  I'm trying to start slow and see how it goes.  I have lots of ideas for the blog and hopefully they'll all come together.
Here are some of things I'm planning on starting out with...

  • Share with you what I have learned over the last year...little tidbits that I didn't think of before and had no clue about, but after reading many articles and following other blogs have proven to be successful.
  • Provide weekly updates and scenerios from sales ads on how to save even more!!!  I'm going to start with focusing on Strack & Van Til, Aldi and Walgreens...they are my favorite! 
  • Focus on other deals such as photo printing, local events for the family and more!
  • Share creative ideas and activites that I do with the kids (my love of crafting will shine through as well!)
So, look for more posts from me in the upcoming days and weeks!  I hope to be able to help you look for "Ways to Save...and have a little fun too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment